Monday, June 19, 2006

Worse Than I Could Have Imagined.....

I'm to the point now that anything could happen and it would not phase me a bit. I knew my weekend was going to be horrible, but this is ridiculous....

I went to Chinese bookstudy Saturday morning after taking Chris to work, but I felt horrible so I just went home and didn't go in service...maybe that was my mistake...so I got a shower and got things ready to go to Mom & Dad's. I lost track of time and was like 20 minutes late picking Chris up. Grr....So we go on our merry little way. Half way down I-70 the cruise on the Honda turns off and the gas petal just drops. So we coast ourselves to the side of the highway. The minute we stop Chris just yells, "Get Out!!!" Before we even got out of the car smoke is coming in through the vents. So we walk away and just stand on the side of the highway watching our car smoking like crazy from the hood. We were there forever and it just kept right on smoking, even after Chris put the hood up. Grr....No one stopped or anything, but after probably 10 minutes or so we hear sirens, and can see a fire truck. Chris says "Maybe that's for us..." As they drove by the driver but his fingure up to say, "One minute." So after they went up to the next exit and turn around they came to us. Someone had called 911 for us. They basically looked at it and said, "Yep...something's wrong." They let us use their cell phone to call Mom and Dad who didn 't answer the first 3 times I called. We were only a mile and a half from Flying J (because it would be too much to ask to break down next to it). So we got the ride in the fire truck...woohoo...(that's a non-excited woohoo by-the-way) and the took us to Flying J. Grr...

So there we sat in the truckers lounge watching "Starship Troopers" and feeling our I.Q.'s drop while doing so (.....rent it.....you'll understand...). We then realize that we are poor....not that we didn't already know....and could not afford a towing bill, especially to Zanesville! So instead we have to buy a calling card, then put minutes on it, so that we could call Mom and Dad again. We had them rent a tow dolly so that we could tow the stupid car home. Grr... So after retarded movie #1 was over, retarded demonic movie #2 came on, so we couldn't even sit in the lounge. The only other place to sit was right in front of the pizza and chinese restaurants. We were hungry. Hungry and Poor. We were supposed to have dinner at Mom & Dad's (can we say free food?!), but after what we figure would have been at least two hours of waiting we needed food. So we spent almost $9 on the worst "Chinese" food that we have ever had. And, of course, before we even took our first bite....Mom & Dad came walking in....They hadn't eaten either so they just got some food too and we ate. So we went and got the piece of sh-beep (ode to Adam Sandler) car and took it to Chris' parents house. Grr...

There's no offical cause of death yet, but we think the timing belt (that we hadn't changed because we are poor) broke and led to us throwing a rod (or something a rod....) which basically means "this car is no more....it has ceased to be..." (Monty Python). I've been involved with totaling two cars in one week....that makes me more than the winner....I have to be like the master of the universe by now or something....Grr...

So in true Edmonson style we all went back to Mom & Dad's house and had ourselves a drink!!! Schwepp's Ginger Ale and Jack Daniels. And I think we would all agree that it did its job well...But unfornately this was only Saturday and the weekend had a whole other day in store for us....Grr....

So...we go to meeting the next morning. I was really in pain too. For some reason.....insert sarcasim here....I had a headache. The speaker was very good though and gave an excellent talk. And then after the riviting Watchtower study..........................(just thought I'd give a minute to let that one sink in) we went to Wendy's to "munch on some grindage" (Pauly Shore, Son-in-law, don't knock it!). So off we went to Pomery, Ohio. It was a nice right down there, no flaming balls of gas flying at us or anything. So we go and look at Mindy Grady's kittens and puppies (probably the only non-depressing part of the weekend....besides the alcohol, of course) and we go to leave. As I am going down her driveway Mom & Dad's Achieva starts making the loudest noise in the world.....the exhaust on the car broke in half!!!!!!! So we spent an hour at Mindy's with Chris under the car wiring the exhaust up with wire hangers ("no more wire hangers...EVER!!)!!!! The only plus about this delay was that Mindy took me for a ride in her convertable, which was awesome. So no one really trusted me with Mindy's '04 Dodge Neon, so I had to drive the Achieva home....Grr...

About half way home we stopped at a Speedway and got a hot dog, the Achieva was not helping my headache at all between the fumes and the LOUDEST SOUND EVER!!!! So Chris was nice and let me drive the Neon. That car is really nice, it only has 43k miles. But I still don't understand how a 2004 car doesn't have cruise....Chris and I looked everywhere but under the seat....but knowing our luck, that's probably where it is. Grr.....

When we got home we realized that we hadn't gotten the parking passes for our apartments out of the Honda, so we had to park in the visitor's lot. I talked to them today and after explaining our week she gave us two temp passes till we get the others. So now I get to drive the Achieva to work, but at least I only work 3 miles away.

I'll tell you what though...all of my limbs could just drop off of my body right now, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised....but hey....the apartment hadn't burnt down while we were gone, so things must be getting better....right?!?!?!

GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite weekend.
One that I wouldn't want to have. Maybe you have inherited your Dad's curse on cars. Hope things go better for you this week.

Eryan said...

So you managed to kill my old honda, huh? Poor baby. I could have told you that flying j chinese food is nasty. Should have gone for the pizza.

Unknown said...

At least you were not in Ripley WVA when you broke your timing belt. We are talking the middle of NOWHERE!!!!! Shane and I were sleeping in the car when someone decided to stop and help us and that was just SCARY!! We had to call Dad the next morning to come down and tow us home. It was over three hours away. Our car did not smoke when the belt broke though so something else must have happened. The boys are GREEN WITH ENVY that you got to ride in a fire truck!!!!

Eryan said...

Judy, isn't that the time that you had to pee in a McDonald's cup?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the real world!! Really sucks don't it?

Anonymous said...

Whadya mean in true Edmo fashion we drank?......

Song Kaili 宋凱莉 said...

HAHA!! Ask Grandma.....just kidding.

Unknown said...

Erin, how do you remember those things?

Eryan said...

I guess it's the genius in me.